Monday, March 2, 2009

King Magazine 50th issue party and other stuff...

I know, I am the worst, but I hope this post makes up for past missing posts. And if it doesn't, you know I don't really care, because my name is Black Daria.

LAST WEEK @ the KING MAGAZINE PARTY...

I met my new crush...you know, when someone doesn't answer your passionate love letters (ahem, Chuck Bass), you have to add to your collection of available suitors...I didn't ask him if he has a girlfriend yet, but I guarantee he's mine (and your) new crush:


His name is Miguel Perdomo (on my right, wearing purple...how did he know that was my color?). Black Daria Perdomo. Sorry. Anyway, he was one of the models in BET's Rip the Runway, a labor of love hosted by Derek Luke (not really sure why except a VERY good agent/rep) and Joy Bryant (huge come-up for BET). And no, I didn't get an invite again (why are people taking my name so literally...) When I find some pictures, I will talk about the good, maybe the bad...we shall see.

THEN DAWN CAME...

Damn...first of all, my fellow colleague/publicist and such, Ra-fael Blanco, of 2R's Entertainment, represents Dawn Richard in addition to my new boyfriend...wow, small world. She was so sweet, it made me feel bad about talking shit about them back in January, but really that was kinda false reporting...it was D-Woods who was stank and looked a hot mess...the rest of the girls were nice the first time I met them outside a Kelis event. I saw D Woods alone at a King Magazine event (ironically), but hey, maybe all the shit that popped off at the end of Season 3 was part of her stinkness. The other part of me says she's a chicken, but I will have to wait until I meet her again to see if she's nice. I probably won't be looking for her though, or anything.

Anyways, Dawn was sweet enough (Black Daria said sweet, so she must have been nice) to stop and take this picture and tell me she'd read my blog, even though she was running to serenade the 50th issue of King Magazine...I guess since it was their party, it's OK if she had to leave to tend to the crowd.

Other flicks from that night...

My Gay Boyfriend, Devon Christopher of Bleu Magazine & Atomic Wings of Harlem...I see ads in my future...right here on this blog.


Liris Crosse...the best thing that happened to men's lockers, phone wallpapers and anywhere else they want to see Liris. She recently was a guest on Talk Dat Ish radio with Host Tionna Smalls, where we had an interesting debate on black people's favorite topic: skin color.


Ran into a fellow blogger/friend, Ms. Cocoa Luv Chronicles herself.


Mr. Datwon Thomas...always a great host.

Needless to say, I had a great time...then stumbled upon a surprise when I ended up at Drom later:


Yep...a LaGuardian! (We really are everywhere!) So good to see a familiar face...now he needs to return my call so we can do some business. He was singing backup for Tess...they sound awesome, so I know we will be hearing more from them soon. Oh, and the LaGuardian is Don Kornegay...it's a name I know you will be seeing alot ;)
In the Drom crowd that night were people like...
D Prosper...Fiddy people know about him...no need to explain.


I talked to Rahman Ali Bugg (on his birthday...ruthless) about Hip Hop Honors...he's the founder of the show. I've waited a long time to meet the man who started this whole thing, and I must say, I was pretty much left speechless. And most people know that doesn't happen to me. I guess I heard what I needed to hear. But I am still going to e-mail him about some of his choices on females to be honored for future shows.

And finally, in an effort to give you a glimpse of Busta at his best, here's a clip from that night, thanks to my wonderful Camera, the Nikon S60 here. I just would like to state that I love Busta :)

That's all for now...Black Daria, signing off.
~BD :/


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun.fun.funny..Rahman Ali Bugg is unfortunately NOT the founder of Hip Hop Honors, but had the honor of producing that show for 3 years. the first 3 shows.

The "Founders" of the show are actually, Fab 5 Freddy, Nelson George, and superTVproducer Jac Benson II..all friends and mentor s to Rahman who helped them pull together a masterpeice under their guidance an ddirection.

VH1 and the execs in charge, namely Lee Rolontz, believed in the show and contribute greatly to it's continuing success...despite it's many criticisms, its still THE most respectful and respected Hip Hop show around.

So props to those guys...Rahman (i.e. me) was only happy to be part of the process and contribute what he could. But thanks for the shout, Daria! ;-)

black daria said...

@ ali:

Ha.Ha. (Smile)

Well I am glad I didn't start a major fight or anything, my apologies...but I thank you for mentioning the FOUNDERS...I have respect for anyone who's worked on this show AS I MENTIONED when we spoke, however I haven't had a chance to email you...but when I do, I hopefully look forward to a positive conversation...or something like that.

Hmmm...didn't you like the freaking picture at least? I could have said more, but I wanted to wait for a formal conversation. Clarity and a correction will be posted in my next post ;)

xoxo,
Black Daria

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.