Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dirty Little Secret #1: Facebook...when to add...and when to ignore...

I guess I am just not the daily girl, but honestly, I get writer’s block. Black Daria knows her flaws…so as she fixes them…

One of my readers got the memo late regarding my requests for dirty secrets, but who am I to say when I should get these types of e-mails when shucks, it was the only email I got besides “Welcome to Twitter” and what not.

Dear Black Daria,

When I was in high school, I met who I thought was the man of my dreams. Since you love Miguel Perdomo so much, we will call him Miguel.

So Miguel and I were dating, and he had this friend…let’s call her…Michelle. He always said that he and Michelle were “very good friends,” and Michelle, in the few times I met her, began to also claim that it “wasn’t like that,” and “they are just really good friends,” but I wasn’t buying it…nope.

So one night, I called him and couldn’t seem to get him on the phone. I thought he’d be home…he didn’t mention any plans. So the young baby stalker in me went over to his house, and at 1 AM, a car pulled up, and he and Michelle were dressed in formal attire…obviously, you know what happened next…

I flipped out…I basically wilded out…and I ended up in a psych ward. Years later, I still think about this man. I’ve moved on in my life…MBA, baby (father and I are no longer together) and have a great job and live in a wonderful condo outside the city.

Well, since the facebook craze began, and through the encouragement of a friend, I joined the world where I’d get to reconnect with people I haven’t seen since I was young…including Miguel.

He was the first search I performed, before even checking my yahoo contacts. And then, to my shock, Michelle, the “very good friend,” actually FRIENDS ME on Facebook. My first feeling was violation…after all that I’d been through, and since we were never friends before or after my relationship with Miguel, why would she be requesting me?

Should I accept her as a friend? Will she know if I ignore her?

Signed,
MissMBAP
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear MissMBAP,

Hmmm..sounds like there’s a few problems here that you may want to consider seeking a therapist to sort out. How could you possibly be thinking about a man who put you into such a low, that mentally, you weren’t stable. I honestly don’t know what is worse, and I don’t know why you are still so wrapped up in this man, but it makes me quite nervous.

Furthermore, there’s the issue that he’s now so deep in your life, a connection as close to him as his Michelle has caused you to go back to the lawn where you confronted these two, where you ended up wilding and doing anything else to make yourself feel “better.”

Please get over him. He’s not only over you, but there’s so much more life has to offer than a distant high school memory that can never revisit. I broke up with my high school sweetheart Tom after we reconnected after not seeing each other for several years.

After we broke up on our second go-around, I realized that I will never have the same feelings for him that I thought I did in front of Mr. Ealey’s math class on the 4th floor. And now, looking back, that stare he gave me then that I thought meant he was into me, was the exact stare that I realized that dude was nuts, so he had to leave.

Do yourself a favor. Get a therapist, and sort that out. Oh, and delete that bitch.

xoxo,
Black Daria :/

P.S. I read this article the other day via Twitter that gave me some great tips on how to make sure your Facebook experience is a pleasant one…I think you should read it, and oh, don’t forget to delete that bitch, please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.