Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Black Daria Case Study: Beyonce - Appendix A: Sasha Fierce Fashion Line

Well, every case study should have a good appendix, so here's one:





Introducing Sasha Fierce, the clothing line. By the way, this is a Back-to-School collection...wholesome, isn't it? Perfect for seducing your teacher into the A you knew you deserved, I mean, why not?

New York Magazine probably wouldn't have much to say good about Beyonce doing a fashion line since they cater to those who basically live on the upper east and west sides of Manhattan, along with the hip Subscribers and libraries around the country who subscribe to them, but here's their take on the whole thing. I guess I would be OK with this (such a lie) if this were for girls going to the club, and being sold at Fredericks of Hollywood, or Pretty Girl on Jamaica Ave. Hell, this is even Macy's...right next to the Pastry section...except...

What age group is wearing this? Sorry, my mom wouldn't have let this go down, and I made quite a few risky fashion moves in high school. I was definitely a 90s girl, thigh-high tights and all...nothing like my sister's Doc Martens.

I think this will be in my local El Mundo (only people who live Uptown in Harlem, Washington Heights or the Bronx know what this place is) or TJ Maxx by next summer.

xoxo,
Black Daria ;/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.