Thursday, April 23, 2009

Black Daria Case Study...on Beyonce: Entry #1

Sitting here catching up on my favorites, I couldn't help but notice a commercial, and it caught the corner of my eye, because I realized that this could not be...nope, it's not...

Beyonce?

NINTENDO DS - BEYONCE










So, I say to myself out loud, "Really? Same girl who said Twitter? She reserves that to her sister, she doesn't know about all of that twitter mess. OK, not like that, but if you scroll down to Monday, April 20 on RWS this is what she said.

So that was Tuesday, and I kept it moving, you know me, couple of facebook status updates...and they brought me to a revelation: Black Daria should do a case study on Beyonce.

Think about it...Emporio Armani one day, then Loreal...list goes on...this woman is very serious. Bitches (yes, one of yous) are mad about this...but you know, so far, I've thought of the strategy of the reversal of Beyonce (I mean, let's face it, we are facing a slippery slope with some of our Black entertainers right now I'd list names but that's not the point here).

Wednesday...now watching the back up episode of Real Housewives of NYC; I wasn't really paying attention to (so tired from work) so I was doing some work when surprise: Beyonce, but now with...Daniel, son of Solange (hey, I kinda like that).

Back on Youtube and what do you know...there's this interesting clip...all about how they came up with this commercial:


BEYONCE FOR NINTENDO DS WITH JUELZ - MAKING THE COMMERCIAL







Points on this one:

1:00 - She's trying to get the rhythm on the game, but she can't swing it, so in comes someone to try to help her but hey, I would probably need help on this kiddie contraption...gosh TWO screens? She already doesn't like Twitter.

At 2:30, she goes into signing campaign mode on a bunch of Nintendo DS's which I assume will end up on some exec's desk at Nintendo, as some assistant opens the box, wishing they could give something like that to their kid...not in NYC, of course. You know not one kid would survive in NYC with Bey's signature...what kid wouldn't brag about it, then get jumped 2.5 secs later?

2:45: Enter cute kid, Juelz...awww. He is cute :)

5:55: Liked doing the gig because she liked not having to "think too much." She said that, you ask yourself what context that was supposed to be taken.

"Time out," I said under my breath"...who's doing the PR for this...and is it about the game?" Beyonce and her relationship with her nephew...feels forced...like I am sure she does spend time with him...but the words feel contrived...she had to remember to say the word "stylus" and seemed proud when she did remember the word.

Answers revealed at the end of the video if you watched the whole thing. You go do your own Googling on the company name that appears on the end...oh, maybe those two dudes will even send you one of those Nintendo DS systems she signed.

Up next: Beyonce at the movies...yeah, maybe I will catch Obsession this weekend.

xoxo,
Black Daria

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Go See it Black Daria...I loved her in it...I wasn't distracted to much by that horrible accent...she really did her thing...I'm proud of her


Tene

black daria said...

hmmm...thank goodness for small favors...maybe i'll catch it on the late night :) xoxo, black daria

謝明博馬陰人放購ˇ屁ㄉ人不董識貨ㄉ人精打細算ㄉ人霖宏百里緒恩駛溟含凾信攔醬油邱科信彰柏宏與簽纏t06單耳耽溺娟謝政道QKPb戲曲學院部大汐布袋戲model mode台北不婚獨子女 臺獨 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.