Sunday, November 29, 2009

BLACK DARIA REVIEWS: 2009 AMA'S

Too many things happened at the AMA's. I didn't watch the whole thing, but I'll start with what I caught, followed by what was online:


J. LO BUSTS HER ASS




No words. I'll let Whitney get up in that ass, maybe a little Thanksgiving Special of "Keeping It Real, Whitney" is in the works. Stay tuned.


WHITNEY IS A DIVA





I refuse to say anything bad about Whitney "THE DIVA" Houston. She gave her best live performance I've heard since promoting her album. Let's face facts. She's just not the Whitney we used to know, but she was the one we remembered last night. Take notes Bey and co.


RHIANNA'S AD FOR BAND-AID/ACE BANDAGES




I hope Johnson & Johnson broke her off for this...was it a coincidence that I thought of Band-Aids and my mind shot back to a bruised up Rhi? Or was I just supposed to be stupid and that was just supposed to fly over my head. And I guess the shoulder pads were to distract me from the lack of singing she actually did while on stage. OK, cool. She sucked anyway. I don't care what happened, she sucked and that's that.

LADY GOO-GOO-GAA-GAA

I mean whatever. I don't hate her, but don't really love her either. I don't know, just always so freaking distracted by the massive amount of shit that she wears, like that alone needs a show. Someone sent my co-host Courtney Brown a picture of the chick from The Fifth Element, and that's a perfect comparison to this outfit GooGaa is wearing.

EMINEM AND 50 CENT - BECAUSE HE CAN'T GET SHOT AT THE AMA'S




I assume that's why 50 performed, otherwise I would have been OK with just Eminem. Maybe 50 fit the quota. Or something. Em's last verse is the best part, IMO.


ALICIA KEYS & HER CHASITY JACKET




I don't really know why the show felt that after she performed with Jay, we needed to see her by herself. Filling that quota I guess, plus Bey wasn't available. Could be a reflection of the music, which kinda sucks, but somewhere Jazmine Sullivan or Chrisette Michele could have filled in a blank.


***THINGS I MISSED (AND THAT'S OK):


JAY & ALICIA




Sounds like Alicia is pushing through her voice...just isn't smooth to me...and I just am kinda like Jay-Z's broach is bothersome.


***PERFORMANCE I WISH I'D SEEN LIVE

TIMELESS JANET




People were hard on Janet about this performance but I thought she did her thing, isn't she over 40? Shiiiiiieeet, if I could remember five dance steps in a row, I'd be proud of myself. This was a mini-concert. I felt Mike's energy in this performance...yeah yeah, I know that sounds wack and clique, but that's how I felt about the performance.


Signing off,
Black Daria ;/

3 comments:

Don said...

I don't know how anyone could have anything bad to say about Janet. She's timeless, as you stated.

Love me some Rihanna.

smh @ Lady Gaga.

No Mary J. Blige?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.