Monday, February 15, 2010

Last Week on the Black Daria Files: Ten Reasons why to NOT date a Rapper/Entertainer

So last week, I took advantage of the snowy day in NYC to broadcast one of the most important BlogTalk shows I think I'll do this year. I will probably do others more important, but I found it especially important to get this message out sooner than later. As a guide since my talk show is about 1 hour and 30 minutes (don't worry, there are music breaks) I've noted some of the moments where I've talked about things you probably are interested in listening to, here's the link.

Top 3 Gossip Stories for the Day:


6:50 - 10:00: Matthew Knowles speaks and responds to the alleged new baby boy, whose mother appears to be...who knows. My response? Gotta listen.

10:00 - 11:53: Beyonce, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys & Lady GaGa not present at the recording of "We Are The World 25 Years for Haiti."
I already addressed them on my blog, but now they had to be blasted, Black Daria style.


11:56 - 14:05: Bad Girls Club - One of my favorite shows on TV right now. Listen to my perspective on comparison to one of the great Talk Shows of the past, and my theory on why Flo really got kicked out the house.

Start of the Top 10 Reasons why you should NOT date a rapper/entertainer begin at 35:45:


36:00: #10 - They are pimps.
Cocktail came on the Reunion for For the Love of Ray J 2 and decided to blow the pimp game up...at least the one that exists amongst folks like Ray J. I'll probably buy Brandy's albums anyway.


39:00: #9 - They have no business since, making them bad providers. They think the small advances make them rich...and they buy you a Louis Vuitton...then what? Listen as I discuss what else they can't afford.

43:50: #8 - Your Entourage will mess things up. That's just what they do. I discuss why they do this, and what they do exactly.

I got a text around the 56:50 mark telling me that rappers would be mad at me for what I was saying. My response? Gotta go to that mark to hear it.

58:25: #7 - The inability to commit. There's just no way. Between the entourage's influence, the money that seems to have a steady stream, and the girls who are looking at him onstage and hiding in select parts of the stage, including backstage, it makes it difficult...there's more to it, but...don't make me say listen again.

62:48: #6 - The Road Life. Find out what really happens on the road by listening to this part of the show. Simply put, it's not what you think.

Music on the Show includes:

00:05: "New York City Boy" - TL Cross

30:24: "Uggs to Hugs" - Kel Spencer featuring Jesse Boykins III

48:04: "Taking Over The World" - Lola Davis

58:39: "Eye On You" - Kel Spencer featuring Lydia Caesar
87:10: Staple Me - Peter Hadar


Next up: Numbers 5 -1; You can get the link to remind yourself by clicking here.

Shout out to @thatwritingchic & @Shahidah_J, who called and chimed in at the 18:00 & 23:35 respectively.

Until the next show,

Black Daria ;/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.