Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dear Kanye and Jay-Z: You Know This Song Sucks, Right?


Photo Credit: Internet


Dear Kanye and Jay-Z:

I happen to like you both as artists. I wasn't always a Kanye fan, but I really liked the last album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, because it reminded me of the days when artists took time to make an album. I can appreciate when I don't have to hit the ">>;" button on my iPad.


This latest effort, however, just screams ego to me. I know I am not saying anything that no one else hasn't said, but since I am known for 'conscious gossip' I have no choice but to say...something.


Let's talk about sampling one of Otis Redding's songs...at the peak of his prime, no one could really say anything bad about Otis Redding. A true R&B legend, any sample from him could turn a song solid gold.

My thing is, I could have pressed a button on a machine and did that...too bad I didn't study engineering...oh well.

But seriously...the sample sucks to me on this track...it's uninspired, and it could have been better.
I also don't know what the hell you are talking about...either one of you...like seriously, I am an average person...and I am tired about hearing about how much freaking money you have. If you aren't going to send me a check, then just shet-ep.

Like seriously...what's the significance of mentioning that there are private jet overhead? Every time I hear that line, I just laugh...


Then I watched the video at my homegirl's house...what exactly is the point of driving around a desolate area in a Maybach? And with girls? Again, what does this have to do with Otis Redding?


I think that's my biggest problem with the track...you feature Otis, but you're blaring an image of an American flag (slightly adjusted), and a chopped up Maybach...again, I don't get the significance.

Feel free to email me and explain. I am sure you don't care, because you are both millionaires, but I am open for the discussion. I refuse to be a groupie...people are really sweating this track, but I am not disillusioned. Sorry.


It sucks. Period. Now please don't add me to any black or Illuminati lists.

xo,
Black Daria
;/

No comments: