Thursday, December 18, 2008

A brawl at the local club in Brooklyn & a response to rants about the channel that once employed my sister...

It's been a pretty slow news week, but there have been some things worth noting:

HOW BROOKLYN GETS DOWN

I often warn people that if they don't leave me alone, they will get a taste of Crown Heights. My mom and I lived there for about 10 years before we moved to the better neighborhood where I was finally able to watch cable...and I could finally get to see my sister's life in action...

But I digress. This clip was sent to me by a Black Daria reader...and I thought, "Wow, I remember these types of fights..." If you've ever been to a club in Brooklyn specifically, you will see shit like this:




A few things when I look at this mess:

1. What club are they in wearing this type of shit? Hello Skrippers!

2. In the beginning of the video, do you love how they actually have a title of this shit, not to mention, what's a Rumule? Is that like a Rumble, but different because there's Dancehall playing in the back?

3. Wow...so you are bald (lady in pink) and your wig was clearly not on tight enough...shame on you.

4.Where's security?

5. Back to the outfits...this was "shot" on December 5...based on the outfit what kind of coats were you wearing?

Ridiculous.

HILLS HATERS

Believe it or not, my boss sent this clip to me...as a settlement for denying my birth and not giving me any airtime on Daria, the good folks over at MTV gave me a job at a different network...my last name being different also throws people off...and damn it, they owed me...

Back to the point...so it seems that people have figured out that
The Hills is a scripted reality TV show (Duh, my boss knew that though...) and it also seems that people are really sad by what MTV used to be and what it is now...well, get over it. Times have changed, and so have people. If you listen to the music in the show, you may realize that MTV actually does still play music, even if it's not dumbed down in the form of pricey videos...now, I am not just saying this because I work here (OK, fuck it, I am). Stop hating, and take The Hills as a sociology lesson. I hear you laughing over there, but trust me, I studied this in college...no, for real. I don't have time to break it down to you like how we used to in class, but I guarantee this is definitely popular culture at it's best.

OTHER CELEBRITY...NEWS?



According to my friend at Rhymes With Snitch (rhymeswithsnitch.blogspot.com), Eddie Murphy has been cast as "The Riddler" in the next Batman movie...is this a stretch for Eddie? I think he will nail it.

That's all for now...until the next opportunity...

xoxo,
Black Daria :/

2 comments:

Courtney Brown said...

Number 3 had me rolling...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.