Friday, April 10, 2009

Can you change "The Game"?

Last weekend BET showed a few episodes of The Game and I actually sat down to watch a few...then was suprised when an episode of Harlem Heights I DVR'ed was actually an episode of The Game, so I watched that one too...and I gotta say I love this show...and Black Daria doesn't use the word love often.

A few months ago, Debra Lee of BET came to talk to a bunch of us eager beavers (assistants to managers were in the room) about her job, and one of things she mentioned is the costs of producing shows like The Game (refer back to this post for details).

Earlier this week, a few of my favorite rags posted news that The Game was being cancelled (the rumor seems to come about on the dawn of each final episode) but apparently the heat has risen...

So, some of your favorite characters from the show got together and put this video together...as a person who works in the entertainment industry, it's always been a battle to not only see yourself on TV, but portrayed accurately...and somehow, Mara Brock Akil seems to have the magic touch.

As the dawn of another potential ax rises, I'd ask you take the full 5 minutes to watch how you can help keep The Game on air...




My name is Black Daria, and I approve this message.

xoxo,
Black Daria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.