Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fashion at the Grammys - A Black Daria View

Had to give commentary on the notables. Sure, I'm no fashion week commentator, but hey, since everybody else thinks they know everything, why shouldn't I chime in?

Let's begin, shall we? Oh and by the way, I got these pictures from OMG, a fun site on Yahoo, via their friends at Wireimage. Disclamer for any potential lawsuits. Leave me alone.


RIDICULOUS FILES

I don't have to say anything, right? I mean I think this is borderline child abuse, as MIA was scheduled to give birth on Sunday. She bent down a few times during her performance (in case you didn't feel like being bored and watching) and I just knew a kid was about to pop out and be tossed around like a mash-up party.



No need to adjust your screen, she did wear this mess.


SPACE...A 2009 ODYSSEY...

If it didn't look like prom dress material, or like it was made by someone's grandmother, maybe I'd like this frock. Unfortunately, it's atrocious. Someone called me mean when I said Estelle looked raggedy. Guess I will be mean then. Solo was also terrible with Kanye, she could have lip-synched and it would have been OK.


Someone else got the same material from Estelle's dress to make Kim K's, but I like it better. Eh, but better, it doesn't look as cheap...but it's not to far away from it.


Excuse me miss, I think you forgot your actual gown at the hotel? Jah Mohr, and his wife, Nikki Cox, in case you care.



I think Paula Abdul has a fear of being shot on her left, hence the lovely chain armor...what do you think?


So many things wrong with this, particularly the fact that she even got a ticket and no one knows who she is...oh, her name is Phoebe Price.

Some more "Eh's"
I am not feeling Snoop's vest or suit color...just makes him look...eh. His wife looks OK.


I see London, France and Paris's...never mind. It's two steps short from cute.



Is there a funeral? Jay looks like an undertaker.


T-mess. He looks like he's going to a club. Guess it's because he was only on one record that was nominated, as opposed to 8...he playfully mentioned that in the show. Playfully.



Miley looks old. This is her momma's dress. Stop doing this to her.

NO THANKS...

I kissed a girl, and I didn't like it...so I took Pepto Bismol and...threw up? I just don't like this dress, and your performance outfit was the pits. You may not like heels but you must learn how to look graceful in flats, too. Yes, there's a way to do that Katy P.


All types of wrong with this dress. It's not flattering, just not looking sharp. I'll pass Duffster.

BEST IN SHOW

Right length, complements her skin tone, and she looks confortable. Good job Leona.


Taylor Swift got it right. Nice cut and it looks a little grown, but she can handle it.



Nice dress, just needs a slight trim, and Carrie wins.


Well, that's all for now...will wait to write Chris and Rihanna as soon as the story gets a tad straighter. My sources have already forwarded me his Wigley's suspension. Too bad they played that commercial a few times during the show...oh well. They payed for the spot, screw it.


xoxo,
Black Daria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.